The Mining Research Cell undertakes research investigations on geotechnical projects and environment related issues, both on promotional and consultancy basis.
A mobile environmental monitoring lab with state-of-the-art equipment for air quality measurements is in operation.
Ministry of mines conducts environmental investigations by rendering consultancy- services on charge basis and promotional basis for the benefit of mining industry. Ministry of mines is also involved with BRGM, France on a collaborative project.
- Mobile Environmental Laboratory (Van).
Automatic Recording Electronic weather station.
Dust Trak (Aerosol Monitor).
Automatic Stream Monitor.
Automatic Weather Sampler.
Blast Vibration Monitors (Blast mate & Minimates).
Noise Level Meter.
Free Silica Sampler.
Phase Contrast Microscope.
Latest computer hardware and softwares , Color printers, scanners, digitizers,
and Laptops with matching softwares MAPINFO, MEDOWIN, dBOl.
- Generation of environmental base line data for mining projects.
- Preparation of REIA, EIA and EMP for mining projects.
- Environmental Audit.
- Risk Analysis and preparation of disaster management plan for site specific project.
Ministry of mines undertakes geo-technical investigations by rendering consultancy services on charge basis and promotional basis for the benefit of mining industry.
- Point Load Tester.
- Biaxial Testing Machine.
- Portable Shear Box.
- Core Cutting and Grinding Equipment
- Multi-point Bore hole Extensometer
- Tape Extensometer with readout unit
- Bore hole Piezometers with read out unit
- Latest computer facilities with matching softwares like BLASTWARE, CATRA, GALENA etc. for processing the field generated data.
- Geo-technical Investigations for slope stability.
- Pit slope design.
- Field geo-technical instrumentation monitoring and analysis of data.
- Design of underground excavation.
- Design of stoping methods, support requirements, instrumentation and monitoring.
FOR FURHTER DETAILS PLEASE CONTACT
Controller of Mines (MR)
8 th Floor, Block ‘D’,
Ancien palais presidentiel BP 12 798 Yaoundé.
Tel: (237) 22 6309 79 /16 06.
Telefax: (237) 22 409824 / 19 22.
email : firstname.lastname@example.org